cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
paologhera
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

loss internet connection

HP Recommended

I've windows 7 and  I've netgear

Sometimes there are a problem into the connection, loss for the internet connection cause UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK

Loss HOME NETGEAR CONNECTION and message for public unidentified network.

Where is the problem? Is it a problem into Windows7 or into my rout negear?

What is a possible solution?

Many thanks in advance

Paolo form Italy

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
parvez_tech
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It looks like due to some reason the router lost the configuration settings for the system. In this case i assume you were connected using a wireless connection.

For these type of problems the most effective solution is to first perform a sequential power cycling of all the devices. Follow these power cycling steps in exactly the same order and then try onnecting again.

i) Shut the computer down, switch OFF the wireless router directly from the power source and then switch OFF the modem using the on/off switch or directly from the power.

ii) Now unplug all the cables connected to the netgear router and also all the cables connected to the modem.

iii) Leave it idle for about 20 to 30 secs. Then first connect all the cables back to the modem only and turn it ON.

iv) Once you see some of the lights coming on the modem then connect the cables to the router and turn it on.

v) Finally once the lights in the netgear router are also ON then Turn the computer on.

Try reconnecting to the internet.

If it doesnt work then you may have to re-configure the wireless settings in the router.

For that you can either use the setup cd that you recieved with the netgear or other wise you will have to connect the router directly to the computer using an ethernet cable. You can refer the netgear manual from the link below.

Netgear Setup Guide

Sometimes it can also be caused by the anti-virus or the firewall in the computer.

paologhera
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After switch off of the ROUTER, all is OK

Many thanks

Paolo

0 Kudos
nosmas5902
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm trying to do my income tax on line like in years past but, when I'm in the program and after completing an area with answers to questions and I click continue to go on to the next segment I get the following message; "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".  Then the computer closes the session and I have to get back into the program just to have it do the same thing over again.  Can you help correct this problem?

0 Kudos
sujirou
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go to control panel > internet options > advanced tab > click "reset"

0 Kudos
MstrSteve
6 6 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OR if that deosn't work, try:

<Start>

<Accessories>

<Run>

in the Run box type CMD

<Enter>

at the blinking cursor type flushdns

<Enter>

THEN

type iprelease

<enter>

type iprenew

<Enter>

type exit

<enter>

restart your computer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation