Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kdavis12508 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

lost product key for microsoft office 10

How do I get a lost product key for microsoft office 10?  Help!  Warranty is out Microsoft says contact computer company it was purchased from but cant seem to get any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Provost Provost
Provost
9400 9269 1240 3313
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

kdavis12508,

When you say you lost the product key, does that means you lost the physical product case and disk?

The actual product key label is attached to a paper card,  inside the plastic case. Open the case, remove the MS Quick Start guide to see the label.

If you have MS Office installed, the key can be found with Belarc Advisor: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ
Intern
Intern
46 46 1 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the Belarc Advisor link. I'm been looking for this software the whole time. I got a few drivers that I need to be detected. Cheers!

Save the best for last!!!
0 Kudos
rmc889 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have downloaded Belarc- which is great! but, my computer had problems with Windows and it needed to be reinstalled, it was after the install, I lost Microsoft 2010. I see 2010 on Belarc, but no other informationis found under the information icon.  HELP!!  I also lost my norton 360 info

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9365 9362 869 2508
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That is unfortunate, because AFTER Recovery reinstallation, those items have to be reinstalled and the key provided from the software package.  Belarc can only retieve the keys from a functioning product install.  Somewhere in the paperwork items that were saved when that software was purchased, there should be a tag with the product key for each to activate it.  Norton key might have come by email.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Monza-bliss Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

how cud i get my lost product key for office 10 from belarc ??

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9365 9362 869 2508
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Belarc cannot give you the key if the installed software is not activated.  It can only retrieve the key from functioning software.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Johan1977 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey I got my laptop from carrys and have microsoft office on it already and my mic/offise is not working so were do I get my detals or pro key to fick it please

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation