cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mikkidk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

magic i virtual driver

webcam - premium autofocus
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Worked with my windows 7. Now I'm installing on windows 8,1 and this show up:

Can't find magic i virtual driver on your computer.

What's wrong?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,124 3,241
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

magic i virtual driver

Hello Mikkidk,

It helps to be as specific as possible and give any model numbers or version numbers when asking about a product.

My guess here is that  Magic-i which came with various HP Webcams via Arcsoft is not compatible with Windows 8.

At least not whatever version you are installing.

The fix for earlier versions to use in Win7 was to use Windows Compatiblilty Mode for Vista.

I doubt that will still work for 8 but you can try it.

HP does not have the software available that I can find at the moment to download if there is one.

In the past, you had to order a disc for it.

Here are a couple of links on the issue that might help.

HP Webcams - Error in Magic-i software: We cannot find "Arcsoft Magic-i driver" in your computer | H...

How to set compatibility mode:

Re: Magic I Virtual Driver not found on computer - FIX - HP Support Forum - 187016

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation