Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
700-411
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

What kind of do I need to get to Upgrade from 8 to 16 g memory I have 1 stick in there already 8GB 1600 mht

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine supports

Memory upgrade information
  • Dual channel memory architecture

• Two 204-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets

• Supports the following:

• PC3 10600 (1333 MHz)

• PC3 12800 (1600 MHz)

• Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMs

• Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

You need one 8GB stick with same specs and try to get same brand if possible. You can open the case to look at the existing stick or use some toolssuch as CPU-Z, it will show your information in deep.

http://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.78-en.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@DavidLR, welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory upgrade information:

Dual channel memory architecture
Two 204-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
Supports the following:
PC3 10600 (1333 MHz)
PC3 12800 (1600 MHz)
Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMs
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

You should check the brand of the existing stick of memory and make certain that you match it.  This is important to prevent conflicts.  Since the memory is "Dual channel memory architecture" it is best if you install the memory in pairs. 

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  Crucial makes good memory for OEM computers.  If you want to increase performance even more take a look at the SSD's that they recommend for your computer.  I won't own a computer without a SSD boot drive.  The speed is amazing!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.