cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DanielN
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

mic in HD-5210 not working with Windows 10

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading my HP Pavilion HPE h8-1010 (64 bit) to Windows 10, the integrated microphone in my HP Webcam HD-5210 stopped working.  I assume it's a driver issue, but HP doesn't offer a Windows 10 driver update for my webcam; Windows 8.1 is their latest.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
rodx425
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same issues as described by Daniel. Mic no longer works for HD-5210 Webcam after I upgraded to Windows 10. Can we get some new drivers to support our product with Windows 10 please?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DanielN
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rather than wait to see if HP will (if ever) come up with a driver for Webcam HD-5210, I went out and purchased ($15) a stand-alone mic that has a 3.5 mm jack.  It plugs into the mic jack on the computer and is NOT Windows driven so drivers not needed.

buzz1963
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all!  Yes, it had me baffled until i realised that it must be a new Windows 10 USB suite of drivers causing the sound issue with the 5210 - Below is the fix for the lack of sound. Glad I didn't have to buy and new mic or cam!

Let me know if it worked for you. I went from Windows 7 Home to 10.

buzz1963
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fix i used was as follows:
In C: drive you should find 'windows.old' directory. This is your previous version of windows before windows 10 installed. Go to windows.old/system32/drivers and copy the following two .sys files to your desktop:
USBAUDIO.sys and USBCAM2.sys
Now download unlocker from:
http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/
Install unlocker, run it and find the same two .sys files above in your current windows/system32/driver directory.
Rename them both using unlocker (i put 333 infront of the name i.e. 333USBAUDIO.sys)
You can now copy and paste the two files from your 'windows.old' that you saved to desktop to replace them, as they are now renamed. Reboot
Webcam 5210 should now work with audio once you have set it up in your sound mixer under 'recording' hardware.
Good luck!

DanielN
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear buzz1963:

I followed your directions.  All I can say at this point is to tell everyone:  DO NOT DO WHAT BUZZ1963 SUGGESTS!  Here's why...

I found and copied the 2 USB* files to my dektop (no problem).

I downloaded and ran the "filehippo" download.

Instead of installing the "Unlock" program you describe, it installs a PC Cleaner program named 'One System Care' as well as two game files AND 2 adware programs: Arcade Twist and Playthru Player.

I managed to delete all the unwanted files and programs, but it was a pain in the @#$ to do so.

So until this 'filehipopo' file is changed to what it's supposed to be (as you described) I suggest that no one follow your advice.

buzz1963
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have downloaded the wrong file - It is on that page. I did the same thing but you have to watch what your downloading! I almost downloaded what you did - Search for the correct link, not the one you accessed. I have just been on the link I posted and it is easy to download it - Not sure what you did but you did it incorrectly.

Unlocker is the 1.03mb download and the link is clean! Even if you start from Filehippo main page unlocker can be found:

Home - Windows App - System Tuning - Cleaning and Tweaking - Unlocker 1.9.2

Rocket science? Poss not. Finger probs? Poss so!  - Or are you a HP rep warning us off fixing a known problem, so we go out and buy more HP webcams? Mmm! 

BTW - Unlocker 1.9.2 can be found on loads of other websites - Pity you didn't figure to download it from somwhere else before you rained on my parade!
DanielN
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear buzz1963:

My humble apologies.  After following your newest directions, the integrated mic in the webcam now works.  I did however need to reinstall the webcams software, but that only took a few minutes.

I think all this would have been avoided if I had looked more carefully at the website before "plunging in," but your directions could have been a little more detailed, explaining that the "Unlock" program file needed to be searched for.

In any case, thank you for your help and I hope it serves others who have fallen victim to Windows 10's new drivers.

buzz1963
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great to know it worked   :manvery-happy:   -  Hope others find it works for them. Thanks for getting back to me Daniel.

cness21
4 2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP-5210 microphone is not working, the camera is working.  I was unable to locate the directory provided in your resolution steps.  A system search for USBAUDIO.sys resulted in finding a few files one of which was in

C:\windows\winsxs\

C;\windows\system32\drivers\  and 

C:\windows\system32\driverstore\.  

I performed the upgrade to Windows10 late last year and haven't tried to use the web cam until now.

Would you please provide instructions on how to resolve this problem?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation