cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
smokey-bandit_2
Level 2
6 3 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

microphone issues

HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay S240ml 23.8-in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to Skype or record a tutorial using the internal mic my voice sounds muted.  Can't use Cortana because it doesn't pick up my voice.:smileyfrustrated:

-I speak loudly and clearly.

-my Monitor sits about 18" in front of me.

-webcam cover is removed, no papers or anything else covering the area (I believe the mics are located on either side of the cam.)

-have kept up with downloads of updated software.

I purchased a small mic to plug in thinking that if I could at least resolve the problem I would be happy.

If someone has a solution that will correct the problem so both ways would work that would be awesome.  :smileyhappy:Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you open the "audio mixer" application?

Is the "slider" for the microphone at 100%, or at a much-lower level?

0 Kudos
smokey-bandit_2
Author
Level 2
6 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I assume I'm looking in the correct area.

In the box "Sound" I have 4 tabs.....Playback - Recording - Sounds - Communications

under the tab "Recording" The 3 options are:  Microphone(this option is checked with a green check mark)

Microphone Realtek High Def Audio Not plugged in

Line In Realtek High Def Audio Not plugged in

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation