cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

misspelled my email address at registration now i can not link up w/microsoft

HP Recommended

By 1 letter i misspelled my email at registration of new laptop. Now i can not syc up in microsoft & cloud

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mom-Paula wrote:

By 1 letter i misspelled my email at registration of new laptop. Now i can not syc up in microsoft & cloud

Mom, heh, how new is the pc. I didn't like a couple of things I did at startup with my new one so I just did a factory recover which brought it like right out of the box factory new. Then I did thing differently. Would it be too late to do this?  Seems that once you sign onto an MS account it's a done deed. I signed onto a MS account with my new machine and later had buyer's remorse, that is I didn't want an MS account. Now to really confuse you I've changed my mind since. But here's the thing. If you sign you pc up initially with an local account only, you can switch it within Win8 to a MS account. But you can't do the vice versa. So I signed up local. I can switch it to and MS account, and I can even switch it back to a loca. But if you sign up MS first your stuck. Here's what the HP agent told me first time around. (Indian accent: Sir we cannot do that. You will have to call Microsoft and have them do it.)  WHAT??? He insisted this was it. So unless you are willing to call MS and spend time with them you'd be better to do a factory resent. DISCLAIMER: I only guess at things. Most times I come out alright. Someone may have a better answer but at least I've answered you with something.  Let me know what you decided and if you do sign in with a local account after a factory reset I show you where you can switch it to your MS or HOTMAIL account.  later ... jack   :generic:

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,033 994 33 154
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is a ms forum that may have an answer to error when you have a failed typo

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation