cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alfredrz Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

monitor hp pavilion 22xw HDMI not WORKING

pavilion 22xw

I just got my new hp pavilion 22xw monitor and when i want to plug it in through hdmi says not signal or check cable i just tested the cable with my tv and works properly but the monitor just wont detect the hdmi conection to the pc but it does work with vga any idea what might be causing this problems 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,339 1,165 2,369
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alfredrz,

Good Day! Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I reviewed the post and understand that you are looking for assistance regarding the HP monitor that does not show HDMI output. It will be a delight to assist you.:)

Awesome Job was done by checking with a VGA port and ensuring that the monitor works fine. Kudos to you for that.  🙂 You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you more I will require more information regarding this.

Have you tried with a different HDMI cable?

Have you also tried using the computer by connecting it to a TV to check if the computer’s HDMI port works fine? It is also possible that the computer’s HDMI port may not be working correctly.

Please check this link for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-XT-15-Ultrabook/5296019/model/5333249/document/c01186...

Please try these 2 steps first.

• Please try with a different HDMI cable.
  • Please connect the computer to a television’s HDMI port and check if it shows a display.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Alfredrz Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually i did try with 3 cables and my pc was using my tv as screen until the monitor arrived so i know there was no problem there i manage to contact hp customer service and after several steps they decided to send me a replacement im waiting for the new monitor to arrive at the moment 

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alfredrz ,

I am very happy for you that the monitor is being replaced. I hope the replacement works fine and stays healthy for a long time. It has been an absolute privilege to work with you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care of yourself and do have a blessed weekend. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Alfredrz Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok new monitor arrived and it works but oddly not on my computer it works on my xbox perfectly but not with my desktop for some reason my desktop detected it at first but after a few seconds no image any idea what can i do?

I must add desktop works fine with all hdtv i use only the monitor is not detected do i need anything special

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alfredrz,

Thanks for the super quick reply. I was away on a weekend and could not reply right away.

I am glad that you got a replacement Monitor.

Please visit this link: http://hp.com/drivers and update the bios, chipset, graphics and audio drivers. Then check again by connecting the monitor  to the computer.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a fabulous week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alfredrz Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

everything is updated i believe but still no luck

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alfredrz,

I reviewed your reply and thanks for replying quickly. It looks lilke the computer then that is the culprit.

For better clarity and to assist you better, please help me with more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.
  • What is the current Operating system of the unit?
  • What operating system did it come preinstalled with?

It is possible that you may need to backup all your files and perform a complete system recovery to factory settings and check.

Trust me I've done all I can to help.  I honestly hope the issue gets resolved without hassles.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a fabulous week ahead.  😉

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alfredrz Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its an envy 700-210xt with a gtx 760 nvidia 

actual os win 10

original os win 8.1

as i said before it works with my old samsung led screen and with the tvs i have at home but not with the pavilion 22xw something that is super odd

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ Alfredrz,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation