Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: HP x 2301
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi Folks, i am just getting over a Microsoft re-install and cannot find my Monitor in the Device manager, hence the display settings are not right, can someone suggest how to overcome this problem, the monitor is just showing as default.

I am operating Windows 7 pro.

David

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @dsc8w,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues with the monitor drivers not listed in the device manager.

Let's start off by installing the monitor drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

Next thing, If you are still having the issue with the display, I would suggest you update the graphics card drivers as well either from the support website or from the manufacturer's website.

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Please respond to this post with the details and results of the troubleshooting steps for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Within the Windows "Device Manager", do you see something like:

Capture.JPG

i.e., a "non-generic" description -- something that _specifically_ identifies your display adapter ?

If you right-mouse-button-click anywhere on your Windows "wallpaper", and choose "Screen Resolution", does it explicitly identify the manufacturer/model-number of your display device?  Can you change the settings?

HP Recommended

Hi @mdklassen,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I would request if you could send us the complete screenshot of the device manager and elaborate more on this issue as this will help me in further assisting you.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jeet_singh   wrote:

> Thank you for replying, I appreciate your time and efforts, I would request if you could send us the complete screenshot of the device manager, and elaborate more on this issue as this will help me in further assisting you.

You are addressing the wrong person. Just lIke you, I am *NOT* the person who has the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi there i tried downloading the file sugested which i think is something like sp 60381 , but half way thru the installation i get 'Access Denied', so it goes no further.

I think the problem relates to the re-installing of Windows 7 Pro, via help from Microsoft direct, which has resulted in this scenario, I have the drivers on a disk which came with the monitorCD Kit 647496 B22, but this  has no effect on the Device Manager, i just need to get hold of the Drivers etc for working with Windows 7 Pro , 64 bit.

all i see at the moment  is a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 , which is horrible to view, when i think it should be approx  1900 x 1280 or close to it.

David in Guildford, Surrey.

HP Recommended

Please Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run SPECCY.

Expand the "Graphics" section, to display something like:

Capture.JPG

Use the Windows "Snipping Tool" to capture an image like the above, to help us identify your hardware.

Also, tell us the manufacturer, model-number, and active interface (VGA? DVI? HMDI? DisplaylPort?) for each of your monitors.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.