Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry  - typo meant 1920 x 1080

HP Recommended

I have a suggestion, Kenneth. I know you're being assisted by an expert, but if you will, I might have a method since your card is an NVIDIA.

Right click your desktop > go to Nvidia control panel > from here find on the left panel the menu option "Change resolution" > and note what resolution is highlighted in the panel under the "resolution" heading.

If the resolution is lower than 1920x1080, try changing it to your desired resolution and see what happens.

[Side Note] You may also want to check the documentation of your display to verify that it is capable of native 1080p and not an "upscaled" 1080i. Many monitors were labeled this way a few years back with a native resolution of 720p.

If this is not the case for you, we are likely experiencing a driver and/or hardware issue.

Try using another wire for your display. Many new games and home video are HDCP certified and require an HDMI cable for proper HD playback. This isn't always true, but it won't hurt to try.

If your drivers are updated, your monitor has no issues and your 660 is in good standing, we can try setting a custom resolution within the Nvidia Control Panel.

To do this just navigate to the Nvidia control panel I described earlier, but now hit the menu option labeled "adjust desktop size and position"

adjust desktop.png

Use the values you see in the image above for each field. Also note at the bottom what resolution is displayed here as your current orientation. 

From here go to "change resolution" under the display heading on the left. If 1920x1080 is not displayed as a resolution option in the window under "resolution", click "customize" below it.

customize.jpg

After clicking this button another window will pop-up with a button at the bottom of this window labeled "create custom resolution." 

After clicking this you should see the following. 

set custom.jpg

Use the values you see here for each field available. Leave the timing also at automatic and hit "test" at the bottom. The screen should go blank and restart with the resolution you set. If it is successful you should see no artifacts or blinking from the monitor. Say yes to the prompt and back out.

At this point you can set your monitor to the resolution of 1080p from any control panel (windows screen resolution or from the nvidia control panel) without a problem.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

KennethParker,

Go into device manager and uninstall the devices that are under display adapters.

Restart the computer.

This should uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Here is a link to device manager.

Also go to NVidia control panel and make sure that the resolution is set correct.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Problem fixed.

Risen 2 needs an HDMI cable installed  as well as the DVI cable.

Ken

HP Recommended

KennethParker,

Glad to hear that everything is working.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
Nathony, it is not possible to click these things u say. When i boot up win 7 theres no properties option in the drop down menu.

This **bleep**ing guides are never deacribing my issues it drives me insane
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.