cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
carl18
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

multiple displays

HP Recommended
hp pavillion touchsmart 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i was multiple displays and now that opion is no long available . what can i do to get it back.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anywhere on your computer's "wallpaper", click with the second (usually the one on the right) mouse-button, and choose "Screen Resolution".

Does it show that you have two monitors?

Click 'Identify' -- a big '1' or '2' will display on your monitor.

Is it set to "clone" the Windows display onto both of the monitors?

Is it set to "extend my display onto this monitor" ?

0 Kudos
carl18
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

only one display is shown and number 2 said does not detected

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you open the Windows "Device Manager", does it look like:

Capture.JPG

Three things:

1. you need to "click" to "expand" the 'Display Adapters' branch of this "tree".

2. if it shows "generic device", you need to download/install the specific device-driver for your video-card, to enable dual-monitor support.

3. it should show two devices (this computer does not have a second display, so this picture only shows one).

Point #2 is probably the most important.

If you have done this point, then #3 will show the multi-monitor capability.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation