Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
max_egy Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my HP desktop suddenly shuts down with no alert

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

HP: hp compaq 8100 elite cmt pc

it happens several times (abot twice in  day)

and dont know why this happens .... i mean its not about heat cuz heat is little cool at room

while as working suddenly shut down without alert

this first time i use HP and if could not fix it am gonna back this PC to the shop

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1601
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> while it is working, suddenly shut down without alert.

>  I mean it's not about heat, because heat is little cool in the room .

It could be about the heat of the computer -- after all, one can burn your fingers on a burning match inside a walk-in commercial food freezer, when the room-temperature is below freezing.

Instead, Google-search for "download SPECCY free".

Download and install SPECCY, and run it.

It will show the temperature of the motherboard, the temperature of the CPU, the temperature of the disk-drive, and the speed (hopefully not "zero") of each of the fans inside the computer.

> This first time i use HP and if could not fix it am gonna back this PC to the shop.

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and look for the message "press the <blah> key to enter HP DIAGNOSTICS".

Press the <blah> key. 

Select the test for the RAM -- "bad" RAM can cause sudden crashes.

Select the test for the disk-drive.

How old is the computer?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation