cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rajesh14
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

my system wont boot at the time of os reinstallation

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hiii, my name is rajesh and iam from tirupathi.i have bought my hp paviloin notebook pc and updated os windows 8.1.at the time of upadation of operating system i didnt partition the hard disc .so my frds suggests me to partion it, they told me if i dont do that my pc will arise some problems .upon their suggestion i tried to reinstall the os windows 8.1.but the problem arises here when i tried to reinstall the os windows 8.1 i was told that my system wont boot to reinstall os .so what i want to know here was ,is it necessary to reinstall my os from first to partion the hard disc .i also want to find whether any problems arises if i dont do partion the hard disc .ultimately i wnt to find whats the problem with my pc why it cant boot at the time of reinstallin os windows 8.1

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,687 30,594 2,792 6,751
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

rajesh14

From what you said, it sounds like you tried to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10, but that failed in the process and now, you can not boot the PC into a working OS.

Is that right?

You should NOT have messed with the partitioning prior to doing the Upgrade.  The Win10 Upgrade tool knows how to repartition your drive for the upgrade and will do that itself, if it is needed, during the Upgrade.

Did you actually make it part way through the Win10 Upgrade?  OR, did you just repartition your drive and are NOW trying the Upgrade?

While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!

If that is not bad enough, the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

So, if you actually made it part way through the Upgrade and NOW, want to restore Win8 to your PC, you need to let me know that.

Also, we need to know the detailed product number of your PC, so please follow these directions: Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
rajesh14
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
my HP pavilion 15 notebook PC when I used to change desktop background it appears blank but icons are appearing on screen help me to solve this
0 Kudos
rajesh14
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When I click on my HP DVD drive I shows message application not found.help me solve this.my windows is 8.1 and my system is HP pavilion notebook
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation