cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lalsoong01 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my touchsmart 610 brings up the log in screen every time I hit the letter "l" on the keyboard.

This just started happening this morning.  Very strange problem.  Everytime I hit the letter "l" I have to type in my computer password before I can resume.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,930 1,885 83 185
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my touchsmart 610 brings up the log in screen every time I hit the letter "l" on the keyboard.

Hello lasoogO1:

See if this helps you out. First run your antivirus scan. If no viruses or malware are detectected then  do a microsoft recovery to an earler point of time not a full recovery. If the back date recovery works then you know it was caused by a malware. Also check your computers update web-page for troubleshooting keyboard and updates. Most likely your keyboard went bad. Check your warranty status your computer may be covered. Contact HP Direct Support for key board and mouse replacement  set. In the mean time use the on screen key board or if you have an extra USB key board use that instead. Until you receive your replacement or order one your self if need be. Here are the part numbers for Keyboard and mouse set. On right side of computer's update web-page you will see order parts for computer click it. This is the part numbers you will need.  P/N: 511400-ZH1   S/N SJJ35BOXJ03420  REV A1.1   P/N0K03-00660H2 These are taken from keyboard and mouse set box that HP Direct Support ship for my computer HP Touchsmart 600-1050 for replacement . The number on keyboard it self is different  P/N 579710-001  S/N SJJ35KBJ03420  REVA1.1H The mouse does not have P/N on it just the S/N SJJ35MJ03420 REV A1.1. Takes about four days if ship out by Federal Express to receive it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation