cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Colorado70
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

network connection

I purchased a HP Pro 3400 MT series computer in 2012, my issue is after the computer goes to sleep or hiberation many times when I bring it back up I've lost connectivity with my wireless network and I have to restart the computer (which takes several minutest to shut down and start back up) to reestablish the connectivity.  I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and whether there is a solution.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Sollist
Level 4
103 103 11 36
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

network connection

Hey,

There are a couple of things you may want to look at in order to resolve this issue.

First, bring up device manager, expand 'Network Adapters' and choose Properties. Then click on the Power Management tab. Here you will want to make sure that the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is unchecked.

If this does not resolve the issue and you know when the issue started you may also want to try a System Restore.

Let me know how things go! 🙂

I work for HP. - Consumer Notebook and Desktop Expert

Please click the white "Kudos" star to say thanks.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if you found my response helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

network connection

Please note that when the PC goes to sleep mode, the wireless connectivity will be disconnected. You can adjust the settings in Network adapter inside Device manager so that the connectivity will not be lost. However, by doing so it will allow network adapter to wake the computer from sleep/hibernation automatically when we actually do not want to wake it up.

To see this option:

Go to device manager > Right click the wireless network adapter and select Properties. go to the Power Management tab and you will find the option allow to wake this computer there.

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
Colorado70
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

network connection

Thank you very much, your advice seems to have solved my issue.  I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Colorado70
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

network connection

Thank you very much, your solution to my issue is working.  I appreciate it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation