cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kittywaugh
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

new computer really slow!!!

HP Recommended
Pavilion All-i-one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new computer is agonizingly slow.  I have only had it for about a month.  Runs Windows 10.

Any help to speed it up would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,186 24,719 2,906 10,818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kittywaugh, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  Here is a guide to help you find the model.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 9,634 577 1,703
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> My new computer is agonizingly slow.

As soon as you connect a new Windows 10 computer to the Internet, it will run Windows Update, to download all the security-updates, and apply them.

Doing this download consumes:

* most of your Internet speed;

* most of one core of your "dual-core" or "quad-core" CPUs;

* some of the throughput of your disk-drive, as the updates are written to it, and then read from it, during the updating process.

Start the Windows "Task Manager", and click to the "Performance Tab",

and use the Windows "Snipping Tool" to capture a screen-shot of what you see.

Post that image here.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation