cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

new t610 with WES8 - just want to RDP

Hi, I've got a brand new T610 with WES8 on it and everything is going great except the most important part.

I can't seem to figure out how to tell it to go to RDP when the user logins in.  Don't stop at the metro, don't stop at the desktop, just go to RDP.

I've tried everything, I'm thinking this should be easy, so I must be missing some simple concept.

Once I get that solved, i'd like to make it so that when they get out, the logon prompt for the RDP will re-display.

So far, no joy.

As usual,

I'm Lost in IT

-g

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
90 90 0 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried HP Cloud Connection Manager?

====================================================
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
====================================================

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I've tried HP cloud connection.  Unfortunately it doesn't run on a WES8 unit.  Even tried compatability mode for it.  again no joy.

The latest shock is that HP support just up and closed the ticket.  No updates to the ticket at all.  I got an email from the tech person and it says,

"The connection manager is not available for WES 8 units. If you would like to use HP connection manger you might need to go for WES 7 units."

Um, The reason one would buy a thin client would be to connect to the cloud, right?  Perphaps one would be setting up for an appliance, but then it's not really thin client, it's an appliance.  If the HP connection Manager isn't available, then how do you connect to the cloud with the unit?

The reason I opted for the WES8 unit was because of the RDP 8 client (for talking with Windows Server 2012 servers using the new protocols.

I am most shocked at this, to me, breach of trust regarding support for this product.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation