cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sirs109 Top Student
Top Student
6 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no more sound

my HP pavilion slimline has VISTA. 

i installed 'Skype' and a logitech video cam, and it was working fine.  i made many skype video calls successfully. 

when the computer became sluggish (not because of skype nor video cam), esp on turn on....approx 5 min to boot up, i removed some programs that i did not use.  it now boots up in ❤️ minutes.....but i cannot get any sound.

where do i start troubleshooting???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,894 16,621
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no more sound

Hi,

From the control panel, launch device manager, open the Sound Video and Game Controllers tree.  Does your sound card show  up here?  If it does, but has a yellow triangle next to it, right click it and properties.  What is the status of the driver?

One thing to try is to right click your sound card and select uninstall, do not uninstall drivers if asked.  Once finished, reboot and let Windows rediscover the device.  Has this worked?  If not, try using the automated fixit tool from Microsoft on the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/no_sound

Post back with any further info and how you get on.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation