cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mickor67
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no screen, no keyboard only one led and fans after bios update

h8-1400ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody
I have an h8-1400ef that worked without problem.
The system is on a hard drive SSD of 248 GB,
The data on a disk of 1 TB.
Having a second disk of 1 TB identical to my data disk, I wanted to create a raid 1 of 1 TB.
In the Bios I find how to switch from AHCI to RAID, but can not find how to declare the geometry of the RAID.
I then had the idea to update the BIOS of the PC by downloading the sp68932 which corresponds to the most recent version for my PC.

The operation went well but after the reboot my PC no longer recognizes the screen, the keyboard. Only the ON / OFF button light and the fan will operate.

Of course I tested the screen and its cable on another machine.
I tried what I found on the forum:
- switch off, disconnect the power press the ON button for 5 seconds
- switch off, disconnect / reconnect all connections.
- clear cmos (you never know)
- and http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

Nothing makes the screen is definitely unknown and the wired USB keyboard too (the numlock or capslock light never turns on).

I'm a little desperate, if someone has an idea ...

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,477 21,432 1,812 2,895
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mickor67
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand there's no screen, no keyboard only one led and fans after bios update,

you've already attempted the BIOS recovery and yet the issue persists,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Please attempt the below steps:

Perform a hard reset

Run the System Diagnostics tests

For more steps, click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you. 
If they did, that’s awesome! 
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mickor67
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your reply

I think the link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 does not apply because the h8-1400ef is not a laptop.
On the other hand I do not have access to the diagnosis, the screen and the keyboard are not recognized by the PC.

I think the update has failed so much that motherboard does not recognize any devices.
Is there a way to find the previous rom version directly from motherboard?

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mickor67

Thank you for the update and the clarification,

It's weird that I missed that detail, nevertheless, here's the link that should help resolve your concerns for the desktop: 
Computer Starts but Monitor Remains Blank 

the above article should guide you through a series of steps by the end of it, 

You should be able to either resolve or identify the cause of the issue.

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

mickor67
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher

I tested the monitor and its cable on another PC: no problem Step1: On power on, fans (power, processor, video card and pc) are activated, the power indicator lights up. Step2: Another monitor behaves the same as the first. Step3: the cables and monitors are running on another PC. Step4: Blind operation does not work (the keyboard is not seen on the PC). Step5: at the end of this step the screen is still not seen from the PC. Please note that no USB port can be used. I really think the Bios update (sp62231) did not work properly.

Thank you for your support.

Michel

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mickor67

Thanks for the update,

If you feel this is an issue with the BIOS, I recommend you attempt a BIOS recovery/restore: Click here for the step by step guide.

Although, if the above doesn't help, you could reseat the graphics card (if it's not integrated) as mentioned in Step 5: Reseat loose internal components (Click here)

If the issue persists after the reseat, contact HP for further assistance as it requires a hardware repair service.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation