cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

no signal on displayafter upgrading to nvidia gt520

HP Recommended

hi everyone, my old Pavillion Elite m9080.me upgraded to windows 7 64bit desktop pc original graphic card have been damged and was replaced by nvidia geforce gt520 gb graphic card. it was ok after it was installed but later on i have recived blank screen. i tried to reboot my pc by pressing the power botton andrun in safe mode to disable the graphic driver in order to use the machine.sometimes windows automatically disabled the hardware with an error code (41) message. Disperately sometimes i enabled the video card driver to get some luck, after it reboots, and opens windows it still be fine for a minute and then it goes blank screen again. I've notice that when it was running i can hear thegraphic card fan running and if it shuts down the grapc crd fan is also not running.by the way my pc was connected to my monitor thru hdmi cable,.

Appreciated  and looking forward with your exprt advise to solve this pc issue. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello 21deg,

When you are able to get into the computer can you see what driver you are running. It appears the latest driver for the video card you have is the 306.97 whql driver (http://goo.gl/yey7l).

You may also want to uninstall the driver through device manager. Reboot the computer again and allow windows to install a generic driver to see if the screen goes blank again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi HardBeatz,
I have checked the driver and it appears that it was older from the one you have suggested.(306.23) I am downloading 306.97 now.
I have also uninstalled the old driver and let windows install the generic, and it goes fine without blank screen.
After the download of this new driver ill install it and tell you the result.
Thank you so much for the good advice.

Regards..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello 21deg,

Keep me posted. I presume the generic driver or the updated driver will help resolve the issue, but we should know for certainty in due time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi HardBeatz,
I have uninstalled the old driver and let the windows installed the generic driver and it seems its ok but with low resolution. I've reboot the system and I've even removed the display card and noticed that 'twas very hot.i let it cool and reinsert the card after that I turn on the machine & installed the updated driver . After it reboot it runs ok with a very good resolution which means the card and the driver was working well,but after maybe 2 minutes my monitor display are out of signal again but the CPU has power. I've waited for sometime and power shutdown the system to restart in safe mode and disabled the display driver that I've installed for me to use only thru generic driver.
Is it maybe possible that the accumulated heat on the card makes the display hardware shut down?

Regards.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello 21deg,

If the video card is getting too hot the system may be shutting it down to keep from damaging itself. Normally the computer turns itself off instead of just the video card, but I presume what you are seeing could still be the same.

Did you happen to notice when the issue happened if the video card was hot?

What you may want to consider is taking the side case off of the computer. Placing a house stand alone fan next to the case blowing directly across the video card at a medium to high speed. With this setup run the computer for a bit and see if the monitor turns itself off.

Assuming the fan is supplying enough air flow (which it should) to keep the card cool then it it shuts off heat is not the problem. If it doesn't shut off then I think we can safely say your video card is not receiving adequate air flow and cooling.
- Friendship is magical.
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi HardBeatz,
Thanks for the info, but I tried using a fan through it but the same had happened, it takes only longer before the display shut off.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello 21deg,

Sounds like the system is getting too hot and shutting down. You should try that video card in another system or another video card in your system to see if the problem continues.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation