Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 310 PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP touchsmart 310-1000z, All in one PC. it was working yesterday, this morning, I try to start it. the power button light is led, but the screen is stayed on black, no beep sound, no HP logo, very quiet, only hear the fan sound. I tried unplugged the power cord and hard boot (with pressed down the window button and B key or pressed the F8) no use.
Is anyone having these kind of issue or know the solution. please advise.

thank you very much.

Cuong Lam

01/31/2017

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cuonglam

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP TouchSmart 310-1000z Desktop PC and after the PC powers on, the screen is blank and it does not boot into Windows. You can hear the fan spinning and there are no beep codes. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started.
  • Do you see any LED lights blinking?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Press and hold the power button of the PC until it powers off.
  • Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the PC.
  • Press and hold the PC power button for 15 seconds.
  • Power on the PC.

If the issue persists then please continue with the steps from this link: Screen remains blank and does not display the HP logo screen.

Post performing all steps in case the PC does not boot up then you may try to recover the BIOS.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🙂

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. The light is led on the power button. Nothing else, I tried load the recovery CD in CD player, I can hear the sound of player spinning. Nothing on screen, I did try the unplugged power cord, as you mention. It doesn't work. I don't know which one; the sound card, graphics card, hard drive, or CPU has issue.
HP Recommended

Hello@cuonglam,

Thanks for the response.

I recommend you to try connecting an external monitor and check if that brings any display on the monitor.

Either you get a display or not it is for sure that there is a hardware issue on the PC.

I recommend you to contact HP Phone support using the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
The CPU dead, I brought my computer to the store. They checked it, over heat caused the issue.
HP Recommended

@cuonglam

I'm glad you were able to identify the issue and hopefully the repair will resolve the issues.
let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

We'll be here, awaiting your response and ready to help. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.