cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bertul
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

noisy fan

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavillion TouchSmart 23 all in one.  The fan or HDD is incredibly noisy.  I've torn this apart and there is no debris.  How do I resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GBL84
Level 10
4,161 4,158 563 1,312
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Hard drive noise is usually a rhythmic "click" not a sustained "whirr".  We can test the hard drive in the BIOS to confirm its HDD or FAN. Tap F2 as you power up to enter UEFI diagnostics and look for the hard drive test. If you do not have UEFI diagnostics (i.e. your laptop came with Windows 7 not Windows 😎 then tap F10 and look for a hard drive diagnostic in the old-school BIOS interface. 

Sometimes the Fan issues can be fixed by self-help such as blowing out the fan with compressed air. 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Rey_NJ
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-f250 All-in-One Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR), AMD A4-5300; it seems Fan running full speed all the time.

Is it 2013 product?

I tried Speed Fan control (almico.com) and AMD OverDrive software, and looks like no HW level fan control at it? Can HP support confirm no HW support for Fan speed at this?

How about Elite / Eliteone 23" model, are they running much quiter?

I also have a iMac 21.5", the fan is running low speed, very quiet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation