Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
21 14 3 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

noisy storage hard drive

HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-299na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

I've just bought a Pavilion 550-299na Y6V31EA  the  2TB storage hard drive is very noisy when being accessed is this a comon problem? should I send the PC back for refund/replacement?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,309 41,557 4,539 11,922
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A noisy hard disk is definitely abnormal.

Contact HP for warranty service. 

If the service engineer suggests sending you a hard disk for replacing it on your own,  ask for them to also send a factory produced USB recovery flash drive because you have been unable to create one .

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
21 14 3 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your help.

I'm still trying to get this resolved!

Because the pc is less than a month old I was told i could send it back for repair/ refund/ replacement.

I'm a bit reluctant to do this with the amount time i have spent in setting this PC up along with all the downloading of a NEW OS as soon as I plugged the pc in! On a metered internet this is NOT good.

I was told that due to the size of the drive 2TB it would be noisier than the drives in my other HP PCs!!!!!

I cannot see that can be true! but willing to be proved wrong!

Any help will be very much appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation