cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rane54 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

not turning on

pavillion 550-a114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

will not power on. has external power supply (transformer type) and it is suppling 19.5 volts. get green light inside computer but does not power on.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3766 3760 351 379
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

not turning on

Hello @rane54

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are getting power as indicated by the green light, but your HP Computer is not powering on.

Let’s begin with a Hard Reset

To perform a hard reset, use the following steps:
1) Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer - USB devices, external displays, printers, etc.
2) Unplug the Power Cables from the computer.
3) Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
4) Re-connect all the Power Cables and try to Power on the computer. 

You may also follow the steps mentioned in HP Desktop PCs - No Power and Troubleshooting Other Power Issues document.

Keep me posted.
Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation