Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion Series p7-1243 which lately refuses to boot (no sound even the speaker is hooked up).  Fans are ok, both the CPU and case.  Just it has no screen (not sure whether it has POST or not because I could not see nor hear). 

I would like to unplug all cables on the motherboard.  Anyone has any suggestion and has the JOSHUA motherboard (Intel H51) picture !?

Any suggestions are welcome. (Upgraded to Windows 10 when HD is moved to other computer it can be booted and used).

Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hello

You have problem that is hard to solve.

Upluging all connections with no strategy will not help. Upgrade to windows 10 also creates more complexity.

Since HDD on different PC  works you know it is not a bad HDD.

Are you hearing any beep error codes?

You have no video. Check monitor connections to and from PC. Try a different DVI cable. Test monitor on a different PC using cable from this PC.

Check power supply status. You should have a solid green light on back of tower.

This could be caused by a number of failing components from monitor to power supply to motherboard problem with intel graphics. 

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No video and no sound.

I have added a video card and new sound card, and power supply  (they are all working on other existing system), still no screen no sound response.

No beeping because there is no sound.

I have tried VGA/DVI/DHMI with no result.

It would be great to have a JOSHUA motherboard details picture.

Thank again to ALL.

HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for more information.

Adding the graphics card could be the cause.

Please tell me what components you added. I need specific graphics and sound card detail.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Again, thanks.

For those added components are just temporary to check whether addition(s) make any difference.

Now the Pavilion is just the same as it was, NOthing added.

Merci.

HP Recommended

Hello

Okay, so with original components the PC has no video. Is this correct?

The problem with not knowing the graphics card you installed makes troubleshooting harder.

Your PC has old BIOS. So if you installed a new Nvidia or AMD card needing EFI BIOS the PC will not have video display. We cannot know if the Intel graphics on motherboard is bad.

Now we are back to where we were at beginning. Try a graphics card that runs on old BIOS to see if Intel graphics on motherboard is bad.

Is power supply LED on back of tower a solid green when system is on?

Unplug power from HDD, DVD drive. Then boot to see if you get video. 

I think you have power supply or motherboard failure.

Grzywacz

HP Recommended

Very positive and valuable comments.

Could you tell me how to define BIOS old/new? Cause the video is a dual DVI I/D.

Still looking for the old VGA video card, although I have one Creative labs (unfortunately it could not be plugged in).

And still looking for the Joshua motherboard picture to check whether the current plugging to connect front and back cables to mobo is/are correct or not.  Since I am not they were touched and unplugged by "someone" before me.

Thank you and any suggestions.

HP Recommended

Hello

This HP site has picture of your motherboard and other information

What cables need to be connected, motherboard power and CPU power, or others such as front audio and USB/card reader?

HP released this PC for sale in May 2012. It has old (legacy) BIOS and no UEFI support. The PC shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system. HP started using new UEFI BIOS in 2013.

The new Nvidia graphics cards from GTX 700 series to 1000 series require the new UEFI BIOS to work.

You have to use older graphics card. with DVI-D or DVI-I connector. There is no VGA port on this PC.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Again thanks NOT only for the prompt reply BUT for the extra knowledge posted.

Actually I have the info from the site you quoted and in which the mobo picture does not have a good quality so that I can enlarge for details.

Also I have obtained from other site this one: USER'S MANUAL Of Intel H61 Express Chipset Based M/B for Intel LGA 1155 Processors   NO. G03-I61GITX-F Rev: 1.0  Release in: November, 2011 

It is similar but not quite the exact one I need.

I will sure to borrow an 'old VGA card' for more testing and keep you posted Sir (My Teacher).

And in between If anyone who could get me the mobo picture (or the manual book for necessary cables needed to plug) I would definitedly appreciate much.

Great efforts for this input. 

THANKS.

HP Recommended

My great "Teacher",

Thanks for the post on 2/18/2017 BUT unfortunately that post is UNAVAILABLE to me.

Do you mind to rePOST for my studying?

Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.