Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6-2410edm
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi I have gotten from a friend an HP Pavilion P6-2410edm desktop computer.

And she doesnot know the administrator password anymore.

Can someone help to recover that.

I use Windows 8.0 64 bits

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please follow these steps and let us know once you are done:

1. Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. ...
  2. Click Start.
  3. Click Run.
  4. In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
  5. Click Ok.
  6. Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
  7. Click Reset Password.

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended

Hello,

Is this related to Windows login account password

or BIOS start-up password ?

* If related to Windows account password, please check this forum thread >> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-help...

* If related to BIOS/startup password before Windows loads

you will have to open the box of the PC. there are jumpers on the system board that are designed to remove BIOS and power on passwords. Search in Google for the specifications documentation on your PC. Find the document outlining the system or motherboard to locate CMOS and or password jumpers.

Let me know how it goes. Provide your feedback and update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.