Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ebonyruffles Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

pavilion 27bw monitor power button unresponsive

This happened once before and I forget how I fixed it. No message about power button lockout or anything. I tried unplugging it for a few minutes, held it down for a minute, nothing. I do get static when I touch it sometimes but managed to fix it last time. Suggestions?

12 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5889 450 1223
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello ebonyruffles,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand the power button on your HP Pavilion 27w Monitor is not responding. You can try the steps below to resolve it:

Step 1. Hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds to unlock the Power Button Function

Step 2. Unplug the Monitor from the wall and take the power cord out of the monitor and wait at least a minute then re-connect.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ebonyruffles Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have already tried this & it didn't work. Anything else to try?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5889 450 1223
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello again ebonyruffles,

I am sorry that did not work for you. I have also seen the same error when there is a filure on the board behind the power button. You can try holding the power down for longer say a minute or two, but if you are getting no response from it (the error does not change) then there is most likely a hardware issue with the monitor.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
ebonyruffles Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the quick reply. I held it down for 3 minutes & still nothing. The monitor is less than 3 months old. The store only has a 30 day warranty.  Can you do anything else to help me? It's rather inconvenient to have to unplug it to shut it down, especially pulling the desk out from the wall.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5889 450 1223
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As the Monitor is only 3 months old and as the issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue and I think it would be best if you contacted HP technical support for repair options.

US support link to contact options for HP products purchased in the US.
Outside of US support link to contact options for HP products purchased outside the US.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ebonyruffles Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have emailed at the link you said twice. No reply. How do I get an exchange or repair?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5889 450 1223
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That would depend on what country you are in. If you could supply what country you are trying to contact I can see what information I can find for you.

Please re-post with your country. Thank you for posting again on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ebonyruffles Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have emailed HP Canada. Nobody is answering my questions.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5889 450 1223
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I understand that you have emailed Canadian Technical Support and are not getting responses. Have you by chance checked your Spam folders and ensure that the emails are not being filtered out of your inbox? Also, you can call in to HP Technical Support in Canada by calling the toll free number 1-(800)-474-6836.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you once again for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation