Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
silverfox122 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion desktop power on black screen after W10 upgrade

Pavilion 23-B190 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
After unwisely accepting upgrade from 8.1 to 10 I had problems with External Hard Drive and now have black screen with power. I have tried all boot remedies, F2, F10 etc without joy. Now if I hard switch off unplug.power cord for however long, on plugging.it in again power returns to machine without.turning it on. Whats going on
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 739 67 130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion desktop power on black screen after W10 upgrade

Greetings,

What does "External Hard Drive" mean?

Look, loss of low level video, which means you have no video at POST is a catastrophic VBIOS failure.

Microsoft's Win 10 upgrade may have borked your system. I am seeing this error over and over again. This problem is practicably undiagnosable. There is no logical reason why the upgrade to Win 10 is doing this.

Microsoft strikes again!

If you have this problem with an external USB disk drive connected to your PC then disconnect it at power off and try to boot to Win 10 again.

No video means no way to troubleshoot your system.

Have a local tech take a look at your PC.

Jay

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation