Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-n101ax
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My laptop shows that this windows is not genuine and I cannot find my product key. It has been happening since I reinstall windows7 from 10.(Before that, I could used this properly.)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

What Windows version (Windows 10, 7, 8.1) was installed on this PC from the factory? And where did you get the Windows 7 that is installed now?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
It was windows7 at first and I think it was already installed when my friend bought this. (I got this from my friend. It's used)
There is no COA sticker on this laptop. My friend said the number was written on the surface of the box but she already threw away it..

I tried to find the product key number by using other application (like "produkey" or "winproductkey") but the number I found could not be used to make this genuine.
Is there other way to find the usable product key..?
HP Recommended

If it had Windows 10 installed and then went back to Windows 7, what was used to reinstall Windows 7?  If you use the Recovery DVD set, it will be activated, BTW.

BTW: I could not get a good HP support site with the model number Pavilion 14-n101ax

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
It was anniversary duration when I did both upgrade from windows7 to 10 and downgrade from windows10 to 7. So these were free and I did not use any DVD sets. (Maybe I'd used recovery function.)

I'm sorry but what do you mean that you could not find the good site of this model??
HP Recommended

The model number Pavilion 14-n101ax does not come up on the HP support site or even in Google search.  Could it be this HP Pavilion 14 n010ax?

HERE IS A THREAD for a similar topic for the HP Pavilion 14 n010ax

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

yes, sir. This is a Pavilion 14-n101ax. The model number and serial number are as below.
I don't know why this is not listed..;(

IMG_6203.JPG

HP Recommended

OK, the model number is NOT Pavilion 14-n101a but the Pavilion 14 n010ax, which your photo does prove.  Notice you have interchanged the first two digits after the "n"

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

>  It has been happening since I reinstall Windows 7 from 10. Before that, I could use this properly.

Since Windows 10 was installed on your computer, you have a "digital entitlement" to install a GENUINE copy of Windows 10 on your computer at NO COST to you.

Note that Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 10 in January 2020 -- not too far away. 

At that time, you will need to install Windows 10 to get support (and anti-virus updates).

So, why not install it now ?

Download Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/get-windows-10

HP Recommended

I have to agree with @mdklassen.  Go ahead and reinstall Windows 10.

Why the need to go back to Windows 7?

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.