Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wlmostia Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"400-314" PC graphics card installation

Pavilion 400-314
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 400-314 did not come with a HDMI port which I would like to conect to my new 32" TV and I was interested in having better quality graphics.  To my surprise when I took the computer case cover off, there were no expansion slots and no apparent capability to add any expansion cards and the existing graphic card appears to be integral to the motherboard. 

So the question is how do I add a graphic card to this computer?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
20226 2216 7331
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"400-314" PC graphics card installation

@wlmostia, welcome to the forum.

StarTech (www.StarTech.com) has USB 2.0 video adapters and USB 2.0 to HDMI adapters that will do what you need.  You can contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best option for your system.  They make very good products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation