cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
bps01 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Access Denied" error when attempting to update HP w2207h monitor drivers

CPU Product Name and Number:  HP Pavillion a6700y

Monitor: HP w2207h 

Operating system: Windows Vista 64-bit. SP2

Error Message:  I receive an "Access Denied" error screen when attempting to update drivers for my HP w2207h monitor.  HP solution of deleting monitor(s) from Device Driver and reloading did not work.  Patch file called DRVFix download can not be opened by WINZIP.  I have tried reloading from the original w2207h monitor disk but receive the same error.  Attempting to download from Windows Update results in the same error.  Any suggestions?   ; 

Recent Changes: Installed new hard drive to replace an "imminent failure" drive; used system recovery disks and am now reloading all software.  All works week except fro this driver issue with the monitor.  All Microsoft and Windows security and hotfix updates have been installed.  System is wireless.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
104858 95409 14711 22619
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

My recommendation is as follows:

Download and run the driver and it should extract to a folder on your C:\ drive in a folder labeled C:\SWSetup\sp47917.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=38...

Click on your Plug and Play monitor in the device manager. Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for software method and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp47917. Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if it installs that way.

If not go further into the folder and get the exact driver file. Browse to C:\SWSetup\sp47917\Files\HP_w2207.inf.

If it doesn't install that way, I have no clue why it won't.

Paul

0 Kudos
bps01 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul:  Thanks for the sugestion.  It didn't work.  Halfway through the download, I get an "Access Denied" error message.  The the HP Installer appears showing this download file and another with the version # 123.0.0.0.  The machine pauses and then ends with the message "An error occurred while installing the display driver".  Restarting the computer and attempting a re-installtion also fails.  I am logging on as the administrator each time.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104858 95409 14711 22619
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that didn't work.

I guess you will have to live with the monitor with the default driver unless someone else has a solution for you.

Normally having the windows default drivers shouldn't be an issue.

Paul

0 Kudos
bps01 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul:

Thanks for the assist anyway - will keep researching.  Trying to avoid removing all software and building from scratch.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104858 95409 14711 22619
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just for kicks, did you right click in the driver file download and select "Run as Administrator" and see what happens?

0 Kudos
bps01 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul:  Received the same result as above.  I did find the followng website that has a recomended solution, but it involves commmand propmts and scripts - a level of programming that may result in me fouling my computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-update-error-0x800...

It seems to have worked for some people, but not all.  The one common feature I have found in several articles is that people seem to agree that this Code 80070005 error relates to a bad file (trustedinstaller.exe).  However, I have not found a location on Microsofts website to download a clean version of the file for replacing the one I have.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
28010 27540 1807 5032
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I solved the issue of Access Denied by installing the driver (inf file) manually. 

Go to Device Manager and locate the Monitor

Right mouse click and select update driver software

Browse my computer

Select let me pick from a list

Select have Disk

Browse to C:\swsetup\monitors\HP_2159_2.0\files\

Select HP_2159.inf

Click to install from disk

Next

You might even be able to just navigate directly to the HP folder, locate the .inf file, right mouse click on it and select install.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
tao2010 Tutor
Tutor
16 12 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem opening the zip file with Vista 64 bit. I downloaded the file on my Windows 7 computer and it unzipped the files. It has IE 9 installed and the Vista has IE 7 installed.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation