Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, community. My product is pretty old, and I've had it for a couple years now with no problems, and it booted fast. But yesterday I didn't follow the rules of not shutting down your pc during updates, and when I powered it back on it went into a loop of "Restoring previous update" (i think), the hp loading screen, and "attempting to restore previous version" (or something like that). I left this loop on for about 3 hours, and the loop was still going. I also tried unplugging the computer for about 8 hours and replugging it back in today, which did not work. Finally I tried the F8 boot options and tried to system restore which said "Could not find restore points". Is there any solution to this or do I have to buy a new PC?
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

You definitively do not need to buy a new computer because of this.  When you got access through the F8,  did you see a "safe mode" screen?  If you had more than using a restore point, then try a repair computer.  If that was not available then see this:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-start-windows-10-in-safe-mode-and-access-f8-options-when-it-doesnt-bo...

Make the Windows 10 media and then boot to that to see if you can get the repair to work.

If worse comes to it, the Windows 10 install can be run to fix the system.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Thank you for the quick answer, I will for sure try this out and reply if it did or didn't work.
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you.  Much appreciate the follow up.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I tried to use a usb and download windows 10 using the option of downloading for another device, but I skipped the step of creating a UEFI bootable usb, if I make it a UEFI bootable usb after downloading windows 10 on the usb will I have to redownload it? Also, answering your earlier solution, after the one time I was able to access f8 it would not let me access again, ive pressed many other keyboard shortcuts recommended such as esc, f12, all the other F's, shift with all the F's, and many more.

HP Recommended

Here is a guide for startup problems and entering the statup menu

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03801890

Since no model number was given, this is the normal way to get the setup emnu if it was missed in the first link

Turn on the computer. Immediately press the Esc key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu is displayed.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Alright, now im able to access troubleshooting but im confused of what to do next?

HP Recommended

Now you need to use the M$ Media Creation Tool to make the media, either USB flash drive or DVD, so the Windows 10 install can proceed.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This is too much work for me to do, I have to get a usb, download lots of things, and more. Is there any other solutions?

HP Recommended

The Windows install media is needed to attempt the repair and if that does not work, then it will be needed to reinstall Windows.  If that seems to be too much work, or too intimidating, then the next alternative is to pay someone to do it for you.  Either a friend or a repair shop.  Then the next step beyond that would be to send it to the HP repair center.

Sorry this seems to be too much.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.