Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My copy of HPSF has also stopped working, probably since the last version updated itself.

I've dowloaded a new copy from the HP Support site, 7.0.39.15, that was the same as the one I had installed, and this gives the same error.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Have downloaded program. installed it but it but makes  no difference. Is there a way to remove this program from my computer for based on other comments it seems that this program is more a nuisance!!!

@pierre_42 wrote:

@pierre_42 wrote:

I'm having the same error message for HPSF.exe. I followed the instructions to uninstall HP Support Assistant, unfortunately the only thing I found was HP Support Information. Is this the same as HP Support Assistant? If it is, this program can apparently not be removed.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help

Pierre_42

Still doesn't have a solution to this problem!!!!!

HP Recommended
thankyou!! this has been bothering me for ages!!
HP Recommended

I tried to remove the program using your method and it errored out with some weird error message and reversed the uninstall process.  Any more ideas??

HP Recommended

This is the error message I get while trying to remove the program from Control Panel:

"Error 1316.  A network error occurred while attempting to read from file HP Support Assistant.msi"

Anything else I can try to fix this problem?

HP Recommended

@ sammieg

Use Recovery Manager in your Start ,All Programs list to reinstall original HP Support Assistant:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01868333

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried your solution but it did not work.  I cannot seem to be able to remove the old program by using the remove programs under Control Panel.  It continues to give that same error message.  Is there a way that I can revert back to a date when the HPSF.exe was working?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I can't find HP Support Assistant nor HPSF.exe in my list of installed programs so can't uninstall it either.

Is there anything else that can be tried?

HP Recommended

@ TedWaters

Have you tried using Recovery Manager in your Start ,All Programs list to reinstall original HP Support Assistant:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01868333

If you can get it reinstalled this way, even if it doesn't function well you may be able to uninstall it once the files are restored through the reinstall.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I have already installed the newest hp assistant per 15 jan 2013 is still sp58915 - but the error still persisted and my stylus / touch screen does not work from time to time - pleaaaaaseee Heeeeeelppp
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.