Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Many Thanks CherylG,
Your solution for hpsf.exe worked very well and was completely pain free 🙂
Regards to you, bellwater, London UK
HP Recommended

HPSF.exe has stopped working. This application has encountered a serious problem and must

@ForumUser59 wrote:

I'm getting the above error message on a one month old HP Pavilion Desktop ( p6813w )  running Win7.

I see there are updates, but when I click on the HP Support Assistant w/ 'Recommended actions needed'...

it tells me HPSF.exe has stopped working and that I need to click 'okay' to automatically restart the application.

I click 'okay' and the window closes and does not restart.

ALSO: it's now saying, "HP Support Assistant can only be run by one user at a time.

Please switch to the user who is currently using HP Support Assistant. Etc"

Whatever in the world can that mean? :Crying: 

Thanks for any up to date solutions or help you can provide.

HP Recommended

It was just read the error message google it and find the answer. Thank you so much. I hope dont see anymore the black screen in my computer and wait 5 minutes to see my desktop.

I give you 5 kudos for your help.

HP Recommended

:womanvery-happy:Not being a tekky, this repeat message was scary.  I found this site and followed the

steps and clicked the link and I feel like a tekky genius when it said that my HP Support Assistant was successfully installed.  Thanks Cheryl for this awesome help.  *phew*

HP Recommended

I have a hp notebook pavilion from window 8 I upgraded into 8.1 windows since then the hp support assistance was stop working so I can not get a update for my notebook. And learned for some message in this post that I can uninstalled the hp support assistance but it show on the window its a network error occurred while attemping to read the file. C:\ window\ installer. I hope there is a best solution so I can updated my notebook for everyday use. Thank you:

HP Recommended

porque quando vou executar suport assitente da erro procurar hpsf.exe??

HP Recommended

kamal bhatti

HP Recommended

@ForumUser59 wrote:

I'm getting the above error message on a one month old HP Pavilion Desktop ( p6813w )  running Win7.

I see there are updates, but when I click on the HP Support Assistant w/ 'Recommended actions needed'...

it tells me HPSF.exe has stopped working and that I need to click 'okay' to automatically restart the application.

I click 'okay' and the window closes and does not restart.

ALSO: it's now saying, "HP Support Assistant can only be run by one user at a time.

Please switch to the user who is currently using HP Support Assistant. Etc"

Whatever in the world can that mean? :Crying: 

Thanks for any up to date solutions or help you can provide.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been getting the message Hp stopped and encuntered a serous error and needs to restart press ok. I do this and nothing happens. I need assistance with this computer and would appreciate someo ne taking the time to contact me. This is an ongoing problem.

Thank You,

Lori

HP Recommended

It may be worthwhile having a look at my post on 01-15-2013 12:49 PM number 49 which worked for me and a number of other people - it was on Windows 7 though.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/quot-HPSF-exe-has-stopped-w...

If you're not on Windows 7 I'd suggest you say which operatiing system you're using

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.