cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Synoptic12
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

"Technical" Assistance Needed: "Only Non-secure Content Displayed"- Security 'Pop Up'

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am well aware of how to remove this "annoying" security bar. However, I would like some information regarding such.

First, IE 9 advises against 'changing' the "prompt" user for un-secure content. IE 9 states that your computer may be vulnerable to virus, malware, etc. I would only tend to believe that the security that one has installed would rectify any such issues. Accompany this with the fact that Adobe has been set to block camera, websites, etc., would suffice in a counteraction measure to rid any unwanted malware, to speak of.

Secondly, if I leave as set to "prompt", the security box continually appears, mainly on my home page, which is iGoogle; "Only display secure content". Again, this has occurred recently, and it is truly annoying.

To set to "disable" states that this setting would not show "insecure" content, but the fact is, "will it allow non-secure" content? To "disable" would only be construeD as allowing both

HTTP and the other, which has alluded me at the moment.

So, which setting will not allow any non-secure content to be sent via cookies, or otherwise? Naturally, "prompt" is most understandable. "Disable" appears not to show non-secure content, but "Does it allow", Non-Secure Content? Any and all information regarding the aforesaid issue is truly appreciated. Personally, I am not one that likes being 'snooped' upon. The fact is, today, it is virtually impossible to cover any aspect of any search. The bottom line, each and every key is recorded, always has been. Google has the "goods" on everyone, whether they admit to it or not.

Any and all assistance is truly appreciated. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
parvez_tech
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

That message comes up after a recent windows update..Here is the solution from microsoft to fix it...

Only secure content is displayed” notification in Internet Explorer 9

0 Kudos
Synoptic12
Author
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have to be kidding me. Did you not read what I have written. You are about three years behind, no offense. Thank you.

0 Kudos
parvez_tech
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry my mistake..my apolozies...

Ya it is virtually impossible to block every non-secure content but regarding your concern about the best setting  to block non-secure content or mixed content , the closest and the best setting is to use IE Tracking Protection list or use Internet Explorer 10 which have “Do Not Track” setting enabled by default..

You might have already seen the discussions in IE blog by IE developers....which might answer your queries better...if incase you havent then here are few links you can check..

Internet Explorer 9 Security Part 4

IE9 and Privacy: Introducing Tracking Protection

Google Bypassing User Privacy Settings

To know which items are unsecure use http://www.whynopadlock.com/

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation