Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PC 460-a011nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi

i have 4GB RAM in SLOT 1 .  I put other 4gb, same model crucial, in slot 2 but the pc does not start.
 Both work individually on slot 1.  What am I doing wrong ?
the memory is well placed and i press powerd button for 15 seconds ... but no way.
The memory is  Crucial CT51264BF160B Memoria da 4 GB, DDR3L, 1600 MT/s, PC3L-12800, 204-Pin

In the slot1 with 4GB is ok . If i put other 4GB in slot2 computer start but screen is black, display anything

many thanks 
 regards
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI.

Please check both slot with each of the memories individually, if everything is good both the chips and the slots, maybe the bios do not detect automanically the dual mode chanel, you will have to configure the bios.

That said you could also look and remove the battery from the CMOS motherboard and press 15 seconds powerd button, place the modules and turn on the computer.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

bios : single channel when i have just 1 ram in slot1 

I don't find any menu in the bios interface to declare dual channel ... 

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.