Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I have a Pavilion 500 PC series.
The computer will not automatically reboot.
I always have to shut down the computer by hand and restart.
Does anyone knows a solution?
Welcome to the HP Forums!
Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not shutting down.
I’d love to help!
Follow below steps and check if it helps.
1. The next thing you have to do is go into the BIOS. If you have not done this before, proceed at your own risk.
You need to restart the computer and enter the BIOS (for me I hit F10 at the HP screen)
2. Within the BIOS, there is an 'Advanced Options' section
3. In this section there is a line for 'Intel Virtualization Technology' and it will say enabled or disabled. My computer said disabled.
4. If this is the case, change the option to 'ENABLED'; then SAVE and EXIT from the BIOS.
Check if the issue is fixed, if not help me with the exact model and the product number of your computer to assist you better.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
The_Fossette I am an HP Employee
Thanks for your help, it did not work.
I have a Pavilion 500 PC Series, serialnr:CZC423585X prodnr:J2E98EA#ABH modelnr :500-303nd.
By the way, in my BIOs was it under the tab Power.
Somewhere in this Forum i read for another computer that this was a problem of the power supply adaptor.
I had only deliverd a normal cable for 220v without an adaptor, could that be the problem?
Thanks for the reply! I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂
I did some digging in Windows Forums and these were some steps which have assisted users with similar issues:
1) Go to "Power and Sleep" settings. Tell the computer to Never sleep.
- Search in Windows for Power options - Select "Change when the computer sleeps" and select "Never".
2) Disable "Fast startup".
- Go to "Power options". Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
- Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
- If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
- Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box, click/tap on the Save changes button.
- Try to shutdown the PC and restart and check.
3) Perform a hard reset:
- Follow http://hp.care/2es0xdZ and perform a hard reset on the machine and then try to restart from the Windows.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community