Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omni220
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I contacted HP for Recovery disc.  They provided (at a price) a recovery USB.  I started the recovery process 20 hours ago and the window has not changed ... it is a blue window, with a "life preserver" in the upper left corner, a red X in the upper right and a blank blue windows screen.  I'm thinking 20 hours is WAY too long with zero results, but, I don't want to stop it and start over if this could actually be a reasonable scenario? 

What is the longest recovery someone has experienced for Omni220 Win7 USB recovery?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What is the complete product name or product number?

You have only provided a partial identification of your HP Desktop AIO PC.

You may have put the USB recovery media in a USB 3.0 port oinstead of USB 2.0 port. That can induce a failure of the recovery.

The four ports at the rear of the PC are USB 2.0.

You will need to force a shutdown.

Put the USB recovery media in one of the USB 2.0 ports  and boot to it.

Once at the Recovery Manager menu you can select your desired recovery choice again and click on it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply.  I did try moving USB to another slot (on the side vs back) and it still failed.  But, i will try your steps in order and see if they work.  Will be Monday before i can get to it, but, i will let you know success or failure.  Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.