cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tjjjc Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sata cables to the colored motherboard connectors

HP
Other

Hello,

These are the color coded cable connectors as they sit on the MB

All SATA.

black    white          B
black    light-blue   L

U

E

orange

What happened was I was installing a hard drive, but I had to move and disconnect the cables. Now I don't recall where the cable/wires correctedly connect on the MB.  These are all sata flat cables, color is red.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9477 9474 883 2560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sata cables to the colored motherboard connectors

In theory it should not matter which one is used BUT the hard drive is usually on port 0.  If you post the model number of the PC, I can point out which one is which.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation