Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 085ch
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hi I have this problem with an HP 085ch motherboard, 
although the specific is reported max 4GB of RAM,
installed it sees 3 (installed total) but usable only 0.99,
I installed windows 7 home premium x32. thanks to those who will respond to me.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi I have this problem with an HP 085ch motherboard, although the specific is reported max 4GB of RAM, installed it sees 3 (installed total) but usable only 0.99, I installed windows 7 home premium x32. thanks to those who will respond to me.
HP Recommended

@Davide76

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you've upgraded your Ram to 4gb but only 3gb is accessible,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

What is the product number of your computer?

Did you ensure the motherboard supports 4gb on a PC using windows 7? if you haven't, this is how it works:

Maximum memory supported by operating system

Use the tables below to determine the amount of memory supported by the version of Windows installed on your HP notebook computer.

• Memory upgrades for Windows 8 Editions

Windows 8 has a minimum memory requirement of 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit). Information about the maximum amount of memory is not available at this time.

• Memory upgrades for Windows 7 Editions

Windows 7 has a minimum memory requirement of 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit). The maximum amount of memory depends on the edition used:

Click here for more details,

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,​​​​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
hi, I have installed 3, I made sure that the operating system supports 4GB
(7 home premium) and specification of the motherboard (085Ch) reports:
4 x 184-pin DDR DIMM slots Supports DDR 400/333 MHz Non-ECC, un-buffered memory (max 4GB),
I have now tried with other systems (windows and ubuntu) tried with other 1 + 1 gb ram banks
(equal and of the same color slot, always 2 gb installed 0.99 but usable)
any what to do and how much I always put 1 as usable.
My product is HP d530 CMT ,
S/N CZC4111MD0
P/N DG062A#ABZ
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.