cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rammer99
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

security tool removal

HP Recommended

I am trying to remove security tool malware off my computer,and I do not have a clue of what to do! If anyone could help me with this, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
wtxgringo
Level 2
22 19 2 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you'll need expert help in malware removal & this forum isn't the place imho. try going to techguy.org & post a new topic in their malware removal forum & ask for help. they can get rid of infection and make your pc run good again. it's a free site & they're busy, so be patient if you decide to try it. 😄

0 Kudos
enlor
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just in case anyone has the same problem as I did with this virus, let me enlighten you.

The thing gets stronger and stronger as you try to get rid of it and closing down only makes it "remember" what you did last time after opening!

I am more or less a Computer Novice but this is how I got rid of it.

First of all when you get the pop ups saying you have been scanned and your PC is infected, click CTRL/ALT/DELETE for TASK MANAGER.

Go to PROCESSES and in there will find a NUMERICAL PROCESS ABOUT 7/8 NUMBERS - STOP THAT PROCESS.

Go to http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro and download the 32 or 64 bit free programme - perfectly safe - that will find and quarantine it within minutes.

If like me you "delayed" immediate attempts to get rid, it will block this route to Task Manager, so hit CTRL/SHIFT/ESC and download.

I had to download ,on another PC, the Hitman programme onto a USB stick and after getting into Task Manager ran the programme.

Alternatively - THE EASIEST WAY - RESTORE TO A PREVIOUS GOOD POINT!!!!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation