Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jbitting Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sprout Image/Doc Capture not working after last workspace update

HP Sprout
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the most recent update of the Sprout Workspace I have been unable to capture any images or use the document capture. I was able to roll back the updates two days ago and the system worked fine. When I started the computer the next day the update went in again automatically and now rolling back to the old Workspace is no longer an option when I look at the recovery points. 

When I try to capture an image I get the following error message:

"Request to capture Moment failed with new HPPC_RESULT value as [1.0.d.a0088888] (HPPC_ERROR_EMPTY)

If I hit OK and close Sprout and then wait a little the light above flashes the way it should to take an image about 30 seconds to a minute after I tried to actually get an image leading me to believe there is some kind of excessive delay in image capture which is the reason there is no moment captured when the system is looking for it. I believe you have a big problem with your most recent update that is causing. I use this Sprout computer with my students and I need the capability to scan with this ASAP. Right not it is just another computer rather than the all in one device it was bought to be, and that is disappointing.

7 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
7771 449 839
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jbitting,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
angryducheman Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get this resolved I am having the exact same problem if so can you post the solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sproutuk Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. 

Under advice from HP support, I had to restore to window 8, load all the windows updates, upgrade again to 10.  At each stage the scanning worked fine, then sure enough update to 1.4 sprout workspace and the problems back!

Anybody found a solution? 

0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
59 3 13
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a later version of Workspace available in Software & Drivers: 1.5.3.2979 for Win 10.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/sprout-by-hp/7471144/model/7471145

Scroll down and select Software-Solutions.  Download the latest Workspace and let me know if you still experience the issue.

Best of luck !

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
59 3 13
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you please let me know the version of WOrkspace?

Click on Top right menu on the mat, and select About, you should be able to find the Worspace version.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
jbitting Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, they did help me get it solved. It required an HP Support person taking remote control of my computer and fixing the problem. Not something the home user can fix apparently.

0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
59 3 13
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, after further checking, if you experience this issue, please call Support.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation