Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion a6110
Microsoft Windows Vista

i have  aerror message appear when i load computer,  it says error, system fan has failed.Service pc to prevent damage to the system. press f2to continue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@comp68

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Your desktop PC has at least two fans:  (1) CPU fan, (2) case fan.  This error message indicates that the case fan is no longer working.

I have seen this on older HP Media Center PCs that I support, and in BOTH cases, the case fan continued to work without problems.

So, you have to first confirm whether or not the case fan is working.  To do that, remove the side panel of the PC, restart in, and look to see if the case fan blades are moving.  

If they are, this is a bad error message -- and you might be able to remove it.  To do that, you need to boot into your BIOS setup (do this by repeatedly pressing the Esc key when booting, and when the HP utilities menu appears, select the option for startup settings).  Once in the BIOS look for a screen that has the setting to disable fan monitoring.  Change that setting.  Save the BIOS changes. Reboot.  After this, the error message should no longer display.

If they are not, then the fan has died and it needs to be replaced.

If you are uncomfortable opening the PC and messing around with the internals, then take your PC to a technician and have them do these steps.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.