cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FatAlbert
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

system locks up during use or in welcome screen

HP Recommended

system locks up during use or in welcome screen. HPE590t, 64 bit, Win7 pro.  These events began 10/2011 then stopped for a time and started again.  During this time I attempted to baby the system. Now it has started again.

There is no warning or error message when this occurs.  I have drained the power and run several diagnostics and nothing shows.

System is on a UPS.  Updates are current and temp file is emptied.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HardBeatZ
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello FatAlbert,

There could be a number of issues that could be causing the lockups. It can range from a virus to a hardware malfunction with one of the components.

I would suggest following this HP troubleshooting article to see if it helps resolve the issue.

Windows 7 Locks Up, Freezes, or a Blue Screen Error Opens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation