Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
t520
Other

I'm currently working on upgrading our thinclient fleet from ThinPro 5.2 to ThinPro 6.1.1 using HPDM 4.7 SP6.  However, I'm not having a lot of luck with this process so far.  

So far, my steps and observations are as follows:

1. Upgrade the agent on the thinclients from 4.6.3670.20153 to 4.7.3670.26470
  2. Push the ThinPro 6.1.1 image to the device.  This is the stock image downloaded from HP's FTP site - it isn't a captured image
  3. The image deploys to the thinclient successfully but afterwards it no longer responds to the Device Manager.  The deploy task from the previous step is stuck "processing" and any future tasks are also stuck waiting/sending.

I can still ping the devices that are stuck in this state but if I run the "HPDMPortCheck" tool against one of the devices in this state I get "port 40001      FAILURE, 10061, No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." 

All devices get their HPDM address settings from DHCP option 202.  Any device that isn't on ThinPro 6.1.1 is finding the DM just fine.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Download ThinPro 6.1 instead of 6.1.1 should resolve you Issue  FTP Image T7X61007.dd.gz

use the below tool to create a bootable image and install it on one the thinclient or download it on HPDM server

HP Recovery Image and Software Download Tool (ThinUpdate)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78457.exe 64bit 

I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Nav

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****
HP Recommended

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had originally tried 6.1 before 6.1.1 which is where I originally saw the problem.  I figured I'd try 6.1.1 to see if that fixed it but as my post suggests, it hasn't.

HP Recommended

Hi Matt,

6.1.1 is the release for specific hardware - mt42 if I remember correctly. So please use 6.1 in the coming testing.

Could you please execute "ps ax | grep agent" in the xterm to see if the agent process is alive on the unit?

If not, could you please go to /usr/sbin and execute ./hpdmagent to manually start the agent?

It should be upgraded to 4.7 SP6 as well. Bring me the agent.log and child.log in /etc/hpdmagent  if you see anything abnormal. 

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.