cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hartyswife
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

touchpad suddenly disabled on dv7

HP Recommended

Sometimes when I'm working on my laptop I'll hear a strange tone and a faint box will appear on my screen with an image of my touchpad with a red line diagonally across it.   At that point my touchpad is useless:  I can't move my mouse at all nor can I right or left click. My keyboard still works though. I have to shut down my computer to get my mouse etc. to respond again but in doing so I risk losing unsaved documents.  Why is this happpening and how can I fix it in the future?

1 REPLY 1
Lil_Lisa27
Retired
Retired
2,122 1,538 126 238
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

On some notebook, if you tap the upper left corner of the touchpad it will disable and enable the touchpad. Next time the the picture comes up with the touchpad and a red line through it try tapping the upper left corner. Does it re-enable the touchpad?

If this does not work for you, please include the full model number of your computer and the version of Windows that you are running. I have included two documents below for your assistance.
'Guide to finding your product number'
'Which Windows operating system am I running?'

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation