cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GIJon
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

touchsmart 610 onboard power supply replaceable?

HP Recommended

My 2 year old touchsmart 610 recently just powered down.  I checked the power supply from the outlet and get proper voltage both AC and DC.  There is no light to the pc OR the power supply once I plug it in to the back of the pc.  If I unplug the P/S from the outlet and plug back in again the proper voltage is seen and the P/S itself has a green light.  So, I am speculating that there is a short somewhere on the board and there is some sort of protective mechanism in the external power supply that resets when it is unplugged.  Is this something that can be easily replaced?  Looking at the service manuals online I can only find directions to replace the DVD, memory, or the hard drive.   Thanks for all advice

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JRH2
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue?

I have identical problem and have run extensive diagnostics but just get this sudden power off situation.

0 Kudos
dcok
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My touchsmart 610 has since 2015, will not turn back on after powerdown.  I have to up plug from power strip and/or un plug from wall outlet and plug back in, sometimes several times, to get it to turn on.  I checked the power supply from the outlet and get proper voltage both AC and DC.  There is no light to the pc OR the power supply once I plug it in to the back of the pc.  If I unplug the P/S from the outlet and plug back in again the proper voltage is seen and the P/S itself has a blue light.  So, I am speculating that there is a short somewhere in the ac adappter and there is some sort of protective mechanism in the external power supply that resets when it is unplugged.  Is this something that can be easily replaced? 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation