Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi iam laptop touch board not working how this problem clear????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @parthi11,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you are having issues with the touch not working on your HP PC. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Model number and the Operating System installed on the PC?

Product Number: http://hp.care/2bygf7l    

Operating System: http://hp.care/2byggIn    

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

First, let's start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue:

1. Turn off the computer, and then remove the power cord.

2. With the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power button for five seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.

Please go through the guided troubleshooter for Display and Touchscreen Troubleshooting - Click here

Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.

3. The touch screen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.

4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP TouchSmart PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 7 - Click here

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.