cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hellraiser6662
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

trying to fit a ssd into a new envy 700-311na dt pc

hello i got this new pc up and running and i had a crucial m500 120gb ssd about so i thought i would fit into the machine, ive done this a few times with other machines without any problems, but this time there is a problem i used the crucial cable to make a image on the ssd with their clone software. all went good no problems there. connected the ssd drive up and went for a start up boots fine and now shows the ssd drive and with all files copied but i cant get it to be the main drive? i made it the top of the boot but it still using the 3tb drive? i then take the 3td drive off line and only use the ssd drive but still no joy this time a error message say there was something missing, went into bios and reset the boot to the ssd and still the same. this has neveer happened before on any other machines ive used a ssd drive on. its been very straight forward normally.

any ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 450 1,228
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

trying to fit a ssd into a new envy 700-311na dt pc

Hello @hellraiser6662,

I understand that you are trying to install a Crucial M500 120GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD in your HP ENVY 700-311na Desktop PC and you are having issues with the process. I am providing you with a link to the Crucial M500 120GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD support page where you can check to see if the part is compatible with your computer. You can also search their forums for a solution as they may have already addressed the very issue you are experiencing.

If you are still having the same issue after this please re-post with error messages and a more thorough description of where the issue fails and what you have tried.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation