Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (269 Views)

unlock region code

I've got both Australian and Swedish DVDs to play on my computer and I've been forced to change the region back and forth a few times. All of a sudden my laptop tells me that I can't change it anymore times and it's locked in the Swedish setting although I live in Australia and watch mostly Australian DVDs. What do I do?!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (265 Views)

Re: unlock region code

Hi,

Actually we can buy a $59 DVD player now at JB HiFi, HN, DS ... which can play all DVD's around the world BUT all computer Optical drives can't do this with one reason: copyright protected. A firmware crack can do this but I don't know and if I knew I won't tell you because this is a legal thing and the laws in Australia won't allow us to do this. After 5 times, now you to live with this.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation